The Japan Electronics Show Association (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”) hereby states that personal
information refers to information about an individual user which can identify a specific individual by name, gender,
age, address, telephone number, email address, access record to a service, or other description, or uniquely assigned
number or symbol contained in the information, as well as other information. Furthermore, firmly aware that any of such
information that can be used to identify a specific individual is important information that constitutes personal
privacy, we shall strive to comply with laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information,
establish a management system for the protection of personal information as part of our social responsibility, and
promote activities to protect personal information as follows:
1. Concerning Personal Information
- The Association, composed primarily of manufacturers and distributors of electronic equipment and components, in
cooperation with the organizers, is engaged in the operation of exhibitions (including online exhibitions) and seminars
(including online lectures and seminars) for the further development of electronics and information technology
industries in Japan.
- In this and all other of its business activities, the Association fully understands the importance of properly handling
and protecting personal information.
- Therefore, the Association shall properly safeguard personal information obtained through any of its business activities
that could be used to identify individuals (hereinafter referred to as "personal information") in compliance with the
Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and related laws and guidelines, and guidance from the Personal
Information Protection Committee.
Specifically, the kind of personal information that the Association will safeguard is any information collected by the
Association in the course of its business activities (e.g. venue-based exhibitions, lectures, seminars and other events,
as well as online exhibitions, lectures, seminars and other events) through written documentation, electronic media,
websites, etc., including names, email addresses, phone numbers, places of employment, affiliation, title, address, age,
gender, head photo, and any other information that can be used to identify an individual (including information not
directly related to individuals but such that could easily be used with other data for identification).
2. Use of Personal Information
- Personal information obtained through the Association’s business activities and/or affiliated operations shall be used
for the following purposes in accordance to regulations stipulated in the Association’s articles of incorporation:
- For sending reports or other information related to business activities of the Association.
- For the operation of exhibitions, seminars, lectures and other events that are the responsibilities of the Association*.
- For the operation and management of the Association’s website.
- For the creation and distribution of documents related to the Association’s business activities (journals, reports,
- For answering inquiries and addressing comments concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For sending notifications, questionnaires, related communications, etc. concerning the Association and its business
- For all other correspondences concerning the Association and its business activities.
Notes: The Association may gather personal information to improve and upgrade the services provided by the Association
in its commissioned projects, to gain access to exhibitions, to reserve or attend conferences, to ensure the safety of
exhibitors when they access individual exhibits (exhibits by the exhibitor) in online exhibitions, lectures and
seminars, and finally to conduct questionnaires and requests for information. Additionally, personal information may
also be gathered to provide registered visitors with promotional information on the products and services available from
companies related to exhibitions. The Association uses personal information only within the scope of these purposes.
3.Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
- In situations other than those listed below, personal information collected by the Association shall not be provided to
- Admission pass embedded with QR code/barcode system is issued at exhibitions/events operated or commissioned by the
Association. The QR code or barcode system will be checked at the entrance to the conference and exhibition venue, and
at the exhibitor's booths in the exhibition hall, and exhibitors will be asked to scan the QR code or barcode on their
- The personal information, which has been registered in advance, will be provided to exhibitors, speakers, seminar
organizers, etc. as visitor information for each event. Please be aware that this information may also be used by
exhibitors at a later date to send pertinent guidance materials to visitors via email or postal service.
- The statistical data of users of this website and the exhibition as well as the online exhibition halls may be provided
to the companies involved in the event of an exhibition in a form that does not allow individuals to be identified. The
Association also requires the organizers of the exhibition, the exhibitors, speakers, and seminar operators (including
online) to manage personal information in an appropriate manner.
- When prior consent has been obtained from the individual(s).
- When there is a legal obligation to provide personal information.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) but disclosure is required to protect an individual’s
property or safety.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) but disclosure is required to enhance public safety
or promote children’s health and welfare.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) in situations where disclosure is necessary for
cooperation with a national organization, local authorities and/or contractors in accordance with laws.
- Even when personal information is disclosed to third parties in accordance to the aforementioned topics, the Association
may restrict access or disclosure as it deems necessary.
4.Matters concerning websites and official app, as well as the business the association commissions
tally page views. While individual IP addresses are collected to collate statistical data and monitor website usage
trends on the website, these addresses are not used in any way to facilitate the identification of individual users.
However, this stipulation shall not apply if the legitimate legal rights of the Association are, or could potentially be
interfered with or infringed.
5.Managing Personal Information
The Association carefully manages the personal information it acquires within the guidelines of the aforementioned
objectives, and initiates strict security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure,
copying, use or modification. As for business activities entrusted to the Association by affiliated companies, it shall
also comply with the respective company’s personal information policies and the Association’s personal information
protection policy. When personal information is handled by nonaffiliated companies, the Association shall instigate
nondisclosure agreements with these companies and supervise them.
6.Notification, disclosure, correction, addition, and/or deletion of the purpose of use, suspension of use, erasure, and suspension of provision to third parties of the purpose of use of retained personal data
- If you wish to request notification, disclosure, correction, addition, and/or deletion of the purpose of use, suspension
of use, erasure, or suspension of provision to a third party of your personal information data held by the Association,
please contact us at the following. After confirming the identity of your request, we will respond to your request in
good faith and promptly within a reasonable period of time, in accordance with the provisions of the Personal
Information Protection Law. Please note that in the case of encrypted data for storage upon notification of the purpose
of use or disclosure of the data, there may be a charge for the cancellation of the encryption.
- If you wish to delete or erase your personal information or stop providing it to third parties at the online exhibition,
please contact the following for deletion or erasure of your personal information. Please note that during the normal
exhibition period (including the period when the exhibition is held in the archived data), the provision of personal
information to exhibitors will cease if you press the "Opt-out button" posted on each exhibitor's page that you are
viewing at any time.
- However, if you contact the exhibitor (third party) after the end of the exhibition, you will be asked to stop the use
of the personal information already provided to the exhibitor (third party), but since the information has already been
request the deletion of the information yourself.
- As a reference, please confirm the content from the following exhibitor lists for details:
CEATEC 2020 ONLINE exhibitor lists
computer used by the user, but they cannot identify the user unless the user enters his or her personal information
through this website.
- In addition, the cookies used by you when you use this website do not allow your personal information to be disclosed to
- Users can disable cookies by changing the settings on their web browsers, but in that case, the scope of services
available on this website may be limited.
- Notes: A cookie is an alphanumeric piece of information sent from a web server to the user's web browser. This
information acts like a user's ID card and can store the user's password and configuration information. This information
enables the user to be identified and to retrieve the settings when the user returns to the website. Cookies do not
contain any personally identifiable information.
- Information about access to the website operated by the Association is stored as access history. This data is used for
the purpose of statistics and analysis of the usage of the Association’s website and for advertising purposes.
9.Handling of Personal Information at Linked Sites
- This website may contain links to sites operated by individual exhibitors, speakers and seminar operators. The handling
of personal information at the linked sites is governed by the linked sites, and the Association shall not be held
responsible for the handling of personal information at those sites.
each website with due care.
10.Personal Information Management System
- The Association establishes a management system that is supervised by its Secretary-General to ensure a consistent,
thorough management of personal information protection.
- Since the Association operates in Japan, these guidelines shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- For any inquiries concerning the protection and/or disclosure of personal information maintained by the Association,
please contact us at:
- Japan Electronics Show Association (JESA)
5F, Ote Center Bldg. 1-1-3, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004