Personal Information Protection Policy of Japan Electronics Show Association
Copyright 2019 CEATEC Organizing Committee All rights reserved.
- Personal Information, or Personally Identifiable Information, as used in this document means information about an individual user which can identify a specific individual by name, gender, age, address, telephone number, e-mail address, service access record, or other description, or uniquely assigned number or symbol contained in the information.
It includes information that allows easy reference to other information which can identify a specific individual. The Management Office fully understands the social responsibility of CEATEC to appropriately protect Personal Information and promotes the activities described below.
1. Concerning Personal Information
- The Japan Electronics Show Association (“the Association” hereinafter), made up primarily of electronic equipment and parts manufacturers cooperating with event organizers, is responsible for holding exhibitions and seminars designed to further develop information technology industries in Japan. In this and all other of its business activities, the Association fully understands the importance of properly handling and protecting personal information.
Therefore, the Association will properly safeguard personal information obtained through any of its business activities that could be used to identify individuals in complete compliance with existing laws and guidelines governing personal information.
Specifically, the kind of personal information that the Association will safeguard is any information collected via written documentation, electronic media, websites, etc., which can be used to identify particular individuals through details such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or places of employment (includes information not directly related to individuals but such that could easily be used with other data for identification).
2. Use of Personal Information
- Personal information obtained through the Association’s business activities and/or affiliated operations will be used for the following purposes in accordance to regulations stipulated in the Association’s articles of incorporation:
- For sending reports or other information related to business activities of the Association.
- For the operation of exhibitions, seminars, lectures and other events that are the responsibilities of the Association*.
- For the operation of the Association’s website.
- For the creation and distribution of documents related to the Association’s business activities (journals, reports, proposals etc.).
- For answering inquiries and addressing comments concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For sending notifications, questionnaires, related communications, etc. concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For all other correspondences concerning the Association and its business activities.
- The Association gathers personal information to improve the performance of its business activities, to obtain entry information at exhibition venues, and garner data on conference reservations/attendance data. The Association also collects personal information to create questionnaires and to respond to requests for reference materials. Personal information may also be gathered to provide registered exhibition visitors with promotional information on the products and services available from companies related to exhibitions. The Association uses personal information only within the scope of these purposes.
3. Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
- In situations other than those listed below, personal information collected by the Association will not be provided to third parties.
QR code and barcode systems are used at events operated by the Association, and personal information is garnered from both visitors performing registration procedures in advance via the website and those participating in the exhibition during the time it is held.
The Association makes available to relevant companies, groups, etc. or seminar operators, the personal nformation garnered from visitors who visit exhibitor booths at the venue and present their admission passes/badges that are read by specialized code-reading equipment. Please be aware that this information may also be used by exhibitors or seminar operators at a later date to send pertinent guidance materials to visitors via email or the postal service.
- When prior consent has been obtained from the individual(s).
- When there is a legal obligation to provide personal information.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) but disclosure is required to protect an individual’s property or safety.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual but disclosure is required to enhance public safety or promote children’s health and welfare.
- When obtaining the consent from the individual(s) may be difficult to obtain in situations where disclosure is necessary for cooperation with a national organization, local authorities and/or contractors in accordance with laws.
- Even when personal information is disclosed to third parties in accordance to the aforementioned topics, the Association may restrict access or disclosure as it deems necessary.
4. Concerning websites or events related to the Association
While individual IP addresses are collected to collate data and monitor trends on website usage, these addresses are not used in any way to facilitate the identification of individual users. However, this stipulation shall not apply if the legitimate legal rights of the Association are, or could potentially be interfered with or infringed.
5. Managing Personal Information
- The Association carefully manages the personal information it acquires within the guidelines of the aforementioned objectives, and initiates strict security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
As for business activities entrusted to the Association by affiliated companies, it will also comply with the respective company’s personal information policies. When personal information is handled by nonaffiliated companies, the Association will instigate nondisclosure agreements with these companies and supervise them.
6. Disclosure, Modification, Termination, etc. of Personal Information
- When a user requests disclosure, modification, termination, etc. of their personal information, the Association will respond promptly and prudently on the matter.
7. Personal Information Management System
- The Association has a management system that is supervised by its Secretary-General to help ensure a consistent, thorough approach to personal information protection by the managerial staff.
- For any inquiries concerning the protection and/or disclosure of personal information maintained by the Association, please contact us at:
- Administration Section, Japan Electronics Show Association (JESA)
5F, Ote Center Bldg. 1-1-3, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004