CEATEC 2019 Pre-registration for Admission Starts on August 1 via the Official Website
Pre-registration for Admission Starts on August 1 via the Official Website
August 19, 2019
The CEATEC Executive Board – consisting of the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association, the Communications and Information Network Association of Japan, and the Computer Software Association of Japan – has announced that CEATEC 2019, which will be held from October 15 (Tuesday) to 18 (Friday) at Makuhari Messe in Mihama-ku, Chiba-city, is now accepting pre-registrations for admission from Friday, August 1 via the CEATEC 2019 official website (www.ceatec.com).
The exhibition formerly known as CEATEC JAPAN has been renamed CEATEC from 2019. This event allows exhibitors and visitors from around the world to come together in a comprehensive exhibition for Society 5.0, showcasing a future that exploits to the full emerging technologies like IoT that are driving change in society as a whole. CEATEC 2019 also aims to create new value through co-creation, fostering corporate interaction that involves a wide range of industries and startups, as well as new technologies such as AI and 5G, and policy-making for data utilization. Continuing last year’s theme of Connecting Society, Co-Creating the Future, CEATEC 2019 will provide a world stage for the design of future society. Additionally, for the first time CEATEC will serve as an “open campus” for industry. As one of the key pillars of the exhibition, this open campus concept promotes the development of human resources in the field of IoT who will be at the forefront of Society 5.0. CEATEC aims to attract more than 10,000 students of both the sciences and humanities. The next generation will thus be provided with opportunities to see, hear and think about the issue-solving initiatives of the IT and electronics industries as well as user companies that support fundamental technologies.
Key attractions at CEATEC 2019
1) Designing tomorrow’s society together: Experience the future as realized by Society 5.0Society 5.0 is Japan’s national vision for the creation of a human-centric community in which people can enjoy comfortable, active lives within an ultra-smart society that both promotes Japan’s economic development and solves issues that impact all countries. How will our society change? What will our future be like? Discover the visions and solutions put forward by the companies and organizations participating in CEATEC 2019. A unique attraction is Society 5.0 TOWN: participating in this special exhibition will be 24 companies and organizations – including first-time exhibitors such as ANA Holdings, Kansai Electric Power, and Osaka Gas – demonstrating a variety of services expected to be available in a conceptual town in the year 2030. Additionally, the Co-creation Zone has been added this year to highlight examples of co-creation involving multiple companies – a new approach that complements the exhibits of individual companies.
List of Society 5.0 TOWN Exhibitors (In alphabetical order, as of July 31)- Accel Lab Ltd.
- ANA Holdings Inc. (first-time participant)
- Bandai Co., Ltd.
- Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. (first-time participant)
- East Nippon Expressway Company Limited (NEXCO East Japan)
- Hiroshima Prefecture (first-time participant)
- JapanTaxi Co., Ltd. (first-time participant)
- JTB Corporation
- Kansai Electric Power Co., Ltd. (first-time participant)
- LIXIL Corporation
- Magellan Systems Japan, Inc.
- Mamezou Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Estate Co., Ltd.
- Obayashi Corporation (first-time participant)
- Origin Wireless (Japan), Inc.
- Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. (first-time participant)
- Shimizu Corporation (first-time participant)
- SoundUD Consortium (first-time participant)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group
- Taisei Corporation (first-time participant)
- Takenaka Corporation
- Toda Corporation (first-time participant)
- Toppan Printing Co., Ltd.
- Treasure Data inc. (first-time participant)
2) Bringing together the latest technologies and leaders in each field for a co-created futureWhat is required to realize Society 5.0 is (a) collaboration between policy, industry, and technology; and (b) co-creation that transcends the boundaries separating one industry from another. CEATEC 2019 will take place in a total of 7 halls (2~8) at the Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall (there were 6 last year). This year’s event will not only feature the latest technologies but also bring together leaders from varied fields for numerous conferences, including the CEATEC Keynotes. Reservations to attend most of the conferences during CEATEC 2019 can be made via the CEATEC official website from August 1 (Thursday). CEATEC 2019 will provide you with unrivaled opportunities to see, hear and experience – through exhibits and conferences – the corporate visions and latest trends for realizing society of the future with new technologies.
CEATEC Keynotes (as of July 31; other speakers will be announced in the upcoming weeks)October 15 (Tue.)
- Shinya Katanozaka, President & CEO of ANA HOLDINGS INC.
- Hiromi Tagawa, Chairperson of the Board, JTB Corporation
- Ichiro Kawanabe, President & CEO, JapanTaxi Co., Ltd.
October 16 (Wed.)
- Yoichi Ochiai, Associate Professor, University of Tsukuba/CEO, Pixie Dust Technologies, Inc.
- Ko Ishiyama, President, ExaWizards Inc.
- Yoshiharu Inaba, Chairman, FANUC Corp.
October 17 (Thu.)
- Masato Sasaki, President, Takenaka Corporation
October 18 (Fri.)
- Hidehiko Yuzaki , Governor of Hiroshima Prefecture
3) Fostering the next generation of IoT human resources to enable the realization of Society 5.0To realize Society 5.0, it is necessary for individuals to shape society and design the future. And the people who will be charged with realizing Society 5.0 are the next generation – students. CEATEC 2019 will again welcome to the Co-Creation Park many exhibitors from universities and other educational institutions. There will also be a student exchange lounge – a new feature this year – for student visitors, while a concierge service will assist students who want to tour the exhibits and gather industry information in addition to attending special exhibits and discussions with industry leaders. In these ways we will make CEATEC into an “open campus” for industry, supporting the career planning of students who will become tomorrow’s human resources, skilled in the technologies of medicine and agriculture, as well as in engineering and other technical disciplines.