Personal Information Protection Policy of Japan Electronics Show Association
It includes information that allows easy reference to other information which can identify a specific individual. The Management Office fully understands the social responsibility of CEATEC to appropriately protect Personal Information and promotes the activities described below.
1.Concerning Personal Information
Specifically, the kind of personal information that the Association will safeguard is any information collected via written documentation, electronic media, websites, etc., which can be used to identify particular individuals through details such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or places of employment (includes information not directly related to individuals but such that could easily be used with other data for identification).
2.Use of Personal Information
- For sending reports or other information related to business activities of the Association.
- For the operation of exhibitions, seminars, lectures and other events that are the responsibilities of the Association*.
- For the operation of the Association’s website.
- For the creation and distribution of documents related to the Association’s business activities (journals, reports, proposals etc.).
- For answering inquiries and addressing comments concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For sending notifications, questionnaires, related communications, etc. concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For all other correspondences concerning the Association and its business activities.
The Association gathers personal information to improve the performance of its business activities, to obtain entry information at exhibition venues, and garner data on conference reservations/attendance data. The Association also collects personal information to create questionnaires and to respond to requests for reference materials. Personal information may also be gathered to provide registered exhibition visitors with promotional information on the products and services available from companies related to exhibitions. The Association uses personal information only within the scope of these purposes.
3.Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
The Association makes available to relevant companies, groups, etc. or seminar operators, the personal nformation garnered from visitors who visit exhibitor booths at the venue and present their admission passes/badges that are read by specialized code-reading equipment. Please be aware that this information may also be used by exhibitors or seminar operators at a later date to send pertinent guidance materials to visitors via email or the postal service.
- When prior consent has been obtained from the individual(s).
- When there is a legal obligation to provide personal information.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) but disclosure is required to protect an individual’s property or safety.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual but disclosure is required to enhance public safety or promote children’s health and welfare.
- When obtaining the consent from the individual(s) may be difficult to obtain in situations where disclosure is necessary for cooperation with a national organization, local authorities and/or contractors in accordance with laws.
4.Concerning websites or events related to the Association
5.Managing Personal Information
6.Disclosure, Modification, Termination, etc. of Personal Information
7.Personal Information Management System
Administration Section, Japan Electronics Show Association (JESA)
5F, Ote Center Bldg. 1-1-3, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004