Personal Information Protection Policy of Japan Electronics Show Association
1.Concerning Personal Information
Therefore, the Association will properly safeguard personal information obtained through any of its business activities that could be used to identify individuals in complete compliance with existing laws and guidelines governing personal information.
Specifically, the kind of personal information that the Association will safeguard is any information collected via written documentation, electronic media, websites, etc., which can be used to identify particular individuals through details such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or places of employment (includes information not directly related to individuals but such that could easily be used with other data for identification).
Hence, the Association will properly protect personal information collected through various business activities that may be used to identify particular individuals by fully complying with existing regulations and guidelines for managing personal information.
2.Use of Personal Information
- For sending reports or other information related to business activities of the Association.
- For the operation of exhibitions, seminars, lectures and other events that are the responsibilities of the Association*.
- For the operation of the Association’s website and official app.
- For the creation and distribution of documents related to the Association’s business activities (journals, reports, proposals etc.).
- For answering inquiries and addressing comments concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For sending notifications, questionnaires, related communications, etc. concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For all other correspondences concerning the Association and its business activities.
The Association gathers personal information to improve the performance of its business activities, to obtain entry information at exhibition venues, and garner data on conference reservations/attendance data. The Association also collects personal information to create questionnaires and to respond to requests for reference materials. Personal information may also be gathered to provide registered exhibition visitors with promotional information on the products and services available from companies related to exhibitions. The Association uses personal information only within the scope of these purposes.
3.Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
QR code and barcode systems as well as official app are used at events operated by the Association, and personal information is garnered from both visitors performing registration procedures in advance via the website and those participating in the exhibition during the time it is held. The Association makes available to relevant companies, groups, etc. or seminar operators, the personal information collected from visitors who visit exhibitor booths at the venue and present their admission passes/badges or smartphone installed with official app. Please be aware that this information may also be used by exhibitors or seminar operators at a later date to send pertinent guidance materials to visitors via email or the postal service.
- When prior consent has been obtained from the individual(s).
- When there is a legal obligation to provide personal information.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) but disclosure is required to protect an individual’s property or safety.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual but disclosure is required to enhance public safety or promote children’s health and welfare.
- When obtaining the consent from the individual(s) may be difficult to obtain in situations where disclosure is necessary for cooperation with a national organization, local authorities and/or contractors in accordance with laws.
4.Matters concerning websites and official app, as well as the business the association commissions
5.Managing Personal Information
As for business activities entrusted to the Association by affiliated companies, it will also comply with the respective company’s personal information policies. When personal information is handled by nonaffiliated companies, the Association will instigate nondisclosure agreements with these companies and supervise them.
6.Disclosure, Modification, Termination, etc. of Personal Information
7.Personal Information Management System
Administration Section, Japan Electronics Show Association (JESA)
5F, Ote Center Bldg. 1-1-3, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004