- The Japan Electronics Show Association (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”) hereby states that
information refers to information about an individual user which can identify a specific individual by name,
age, address, telephone number, email address, access record to a service, or other description, or uniquely
number or symbol contained in the information, as well as other information. Furthermore, firmly aware that
any of such
information that can be used to identify a specific individual is important information that constitutes
privacy, we shall strive to comply with laws and regulations related to the protection of personal
establish a management system for the protection of personal information as part of our social responsibility,
promote activities to protect personal information as follows:
1.Concerning Personal Information
The Association, composed primarily of manufacturers and distributors of electronic equipment and components,
cooperation with the organizers, is engaged in the operation of exhibitions (including online exhibitions) and
(including online lectures and seminars) for the further development of electronics and information technology
industries in Japan.
- In this and all other of its business activities, the Association fully understands the importance of
and protecting personal information.
Therefore, the Association shall properly safeguard personal information obtained through any of its business
that could be used to identify individuals (hereinafter referred to as "personal information") in compliance
Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and related laws and guidelines, and guidance from the Personal
Information Protection Committee.
Specifically, the kind of personal information that the Association will safeguard is any information
collected by the
Association in the course of its business activities (e.g. venue-based exhibitions, lectures, seminars and
as well as online exhibitions, lectures, seminars and other events) through written documentation, electronic
websites, etc., including names, age, address, phone numbers, email addresses, places of employment,
and any other information that can be used to identify an individual (including information not directly
individuals but such that could easily be used with other data for identification).
2.Use of Personal Information
- Personal information obtained through the Association’s business activities and/or affiliated operations
shall be used
for the following purposes in accordance to regulations stipulated in the Association’s articles of
- For sending reports or other information related to business activities of the Association.
- For the operation of exhibitions, seminars, lectures and other events that are the responsibilities of
- For the operation and management of the Association’s website.
- For the creation and distribution of documents related to the Association’s business activities
- For answering inquiries and addressing comments concerning the Association and its business activities.
- For sending notifications, questionnaires, related communications, etc. concerning the Association and
- For all other correspondences concerning the Association and its business activities.
Notes: The Association may gather personal information to improve and upgrade the services provided by the
in its commissioned projects, to gain access to exhibitions, to reserve or attend conferences, to ensure the
exhibitors when they access individual exhibits (exhibits by the exhibitor) in online exhibitions, lectures
seminars, and finally to conduct questionnaires and requests for information. Additionally, personal
also be gathered to provide registered visitors with promotional information on the products and services
companies related to exhibitions. The Association uses personal information only within the scope of these
3.Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
- In situations other than those listed below, personal information collected by the Association shall not be
- Admission pass embedded with QR code/barcode system is issued at exhibitions/events operated or commissioned
Association. The QR code or barcode system will be checked at the entrance to the conference and exhibition
at the exhibitor's booths in the exhibition hall, and exhibitors will be asked to scan the QR code or barcode
The personal information, which has been registered in advance, will be provided to exhibitors, speakers,
organizers, etc. as visitor information for each event. Please be aware that this information may also be used
exhibitors at a later date to send pertinent guidance materials to visitors via email or postal service.
The statistical data of users of this website and the exhibition as well as the online exhibition halls may be
to the companies involved in the event of an exhibition in a form that does not allow individuals to be
Association also requires the organizers of the exhibition, the exhibitors, speakers, and seminar operators
online) to manage personal information in an appropriate manner.
- When prior consent has been obtained from the individual(s).
- When there is a legal obligation to provide personal information.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) but disclosure is required to protect an
property or safety.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) but disclosure is required to enhance
or promote children’s health and welfare.
- When it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual(s) in situations where disclosure is
cooperation with a national organization, local authorities and/or contractors in accordance with laws.
- Even when personal information is disclosed to third parties in accordance to the aforementioned topics, the
may restrict access or disclosure as it deems necessary.
4.Matters concerning websites and official app, as well as the business the
users and to
tally page views. While individual IP addresses are collected to collate statistical data and monitor website
trends on the website, these addresses are not used in any way to facilitate the identification of individual
However, this stipulation shall not apply if the legitimate legal rights of the Association are, or could
interfered with or infringed.
5.Managing Personal Information
- The Association carefully manages the personal information it acquires within the guidelines of the
objectives, and initiates strict security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access,
copying, use or modification. As for business activities entrusted to the Association by affiliated companies,
also comply with the respective company’s personal information policies and the Association’s personal
protection policy. When personal information is handled by nonaffiliated companies, the Association shall
nondisclosure agreements with these companies and supervise them.
6.Notification, disclosure, correction, addition, and/or deletion of the
purpose of use, suspension of use, erasure, and
suspension of provision to third parties of the purpose of use of retained personal data
- If you wish to request notification, disclosure, correction, addition, and/or deletion of the purpose of
of use, erasure, or suspension of provision to a third party of your personal data held by the Association,
contact us. After confirming the identity of your request, we will respond to your request in good faith and
within a reasonable period of time, in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection
note that in the case of encrypted data for storage upon notification of the purpose of use or disclosure of
there may be a charge for the cancellation of the encryption.
Note, that if you wish to stop providing personal information to third parties in the online event, the
personal information to exhibitors will cease if you press the "Opt-out button" shown at all times on each
page that you are viewing during the normal exhibition period (including the period when the exhibition is
held in the
archived data). Visitors to CEATEC ONLINE can also opt out by accessing the relevant exhibitor page from the
History list on their My Page.
If you wish to have the exhibitor (third party) stop using or delete your personal information or stop
providing it to
third parties after the end of the exhibition period, we will make a request to each exhibitor (third party)
using the personal information that has been provided. However, visitors (the requestee) are also asked to
refer to the
As a reference, please confirm the content from the following exhibitor lists for details:
CEATEC 2021 ONLINE Exhibitor Lists（TBD）
computer used by the user, but they cannot identify the user unless the user enters his or her personal
through this website.
- In addition, the cookies used by you when you use this website do not allow your personal information to be
- Users can disable cookies by changing the settings on their web browsers, but in that case, the scope of
available on this website may be limited.
- Notes: A cookie is an alphanumeric piece of information sent from a web server to the
user's web browser. This
information acts like a user's ID card and can store the user's password and configuration information. This
enables the user to be identified and to retrieve the settings when the user returns to the website. Cookies
contain any personally identifiable information.
- Information about access to the website operated by the Association is stored as access history. This data
is used for
the purpose of statistics and analysis of the usage of the Association’s website and for advertising purposes.
9.Handling of Personal Information at Linked Sites
This website may contain links to sites operated by individual exhibitors, speakers and seminar operators. The
of personal information at the linked sites is governed by the linked sites, and the Association shall not be
responsible for the handling of personal information at those sites.
The linked websites may collect your personal information on their own, so we recommend you check the privacy
each website with due care.
10.Personal Information Management System
- The Association establishes a management system that is supervised by its Secretary-General to ensure a
thorough management of personal information protection.
- For any inquiries concerning the protection and/or disclosure of personal information maintained by the
please contact us at:
- Japan Electronics Show Association (JESA)
4F, Ote Center Bldg. 1-1-3, Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004