CEATEC 2021 ONLINE Exhibition Regulations
1. Exhibitor Eligibility Details
Corporations and organizations involved with products or related businesses included in the following list are eligible to participate in CEATEC 2021 Online (hereinafter may be referred to as the Exhibition):
- IT & electronics equipment related
- Electronic parts, devices, materials, raw-materials, and apparatus related
- Broadcasting and information/ communications related
- Software and content related
- Automotive and mobility related
- Public infrastructure related
- Healthcare related
- Energy related
- Financial related
- Agricultural and forestry related
- Machinery manufacturing related
- Construction related (Developers)
- Trading and wholesaling companies that handle the above items ① to ⑫
- Logistics and transportation related
- Distribution and retail industry related
- Apparel (clothing) related
- Sporting related
- Tourism related
- Service related
- Media including newspaper and magazines
- Educational and research institutes
- Government organizations, administrative corporations, public interest corporations, nonprofit public and industry organizations, public service-related companies
- Members of the sponsor/co-sponsors
Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA)
Communications and Information network Association of Japan (CIAJ)
Software Association of Japan (SAJ)
- Other companies approved by the Organizing Committee (refer to section 8-3. Organizing Committee)
Exhibiting through an advertising agency is not permitted, even if the exhibitor is a corporation/organization that deals in one of the aforementioned categories.
The CEATEC Organizing Committee reserves the right to refuse applications from companies in the event of violating this Exhibition Regulations or whose activities may be considered detrimental to visitors (web viewers) and/or other exhibitors, even if a company is eligible to exhibit or has exhibited in the past, regardless of in prior to or after holding an exhibitor contract. In such case, paid participation fees will be refunded.
2. Exhibit Application and Contract Agreement
To apply for an exhibition space, fill in the information required on the Exhibition Application Form available in the CEATEC Official website and submit the form to Japan Electronics Show Association, which is the CEATEC Management Office (hereinafter referred to as the Association). The exhibition application and contract will complete when the Association replies to your application by e-mail. The date stated in this confirmation of acceptance e-mail is regarded as a contract date, and exhibitors are liable for the participation fee.
- Application Deadline
Friday, July 30, 2021
- Refusal of application
Applications from any persons involved in bankruptcy, composition, receivership, civil rehabilitation, or corporate reorganization proceedings, persons who are suspended from current account transactions from financial institutions, who have committed or are involved in antisocial activities, or who have received administrative sanctions such as a business suspension order will not be accepted. Similarly, applications from any persons deemed by the Association to be involved in similar circumstances will not be accepted. If an exhibitor company is found to fall into one of the categories described above after the contract has been concluded, the contract will be voided, and that company will not be permitted to exhibit. In such a case, participation fees paid by exhibitors will be refunded. If deemed necessary by the Association, an investigation or inquiry into the surrounding circumstances will be conducted.
3. Exhibit Area/ Exhibit Fee/ Payment/ Cancellation/ Reduction
- Exhibit Fee: General Exhibit Area
Sponsor/ Co-Sponsor Members General Corporate Exhibitors Premium Plan 2,200,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax) 2,420,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax) Standard Plan 1,100,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax) 1,210,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax) Basic Plan 330,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax) 363,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax)
- Exhibit Fee: Society 5.0 Area
Carbon Neutral 550,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax) Super City/Smart City DX (Digital Transformation)
※An exhibitor can exhibit in multiple areas.
- Exhibit Fee: Co-Creation PARK
Startup & University 132,000 JPY (Incl. consumption tax)
- Payment of exhibit fee
Exhibit fee payment is to be paid via electronic bank transfer according to the schedule below. The Association will issue an invoice and designate the bank account for remittance at this time. Checks and promissory notes are not acceptable as payment. Transfer fees are to be borne by the exhibitor.
Note: Although there are a series of exhibition plans, it will be indicated in a unified manner in the invoice as "Exhibit Fee".
- Exhibit Fee Payment Deadline
Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- Cancellation of exhibit or reduction of the exhibition space
If an exhibitor cancels its participation in the exhibition after applying, or if the exhibition fee is reduced due to a change, regardless of the reason, the following cancellation fee will apply. Consumption tax will be added to the fee.
- Cancellation fee
- 100% of the exhibition fee after Saturday, July 31, 2021
4.Expenses Other Than Exhibition Fee
- Expenses other than the exhibition fee are to be paid via electronic bank transfer to the
designated bank account for remittance, which will be indicated in the invoice, according to
the schedule below. Checks and promissory notes are not acceptable as payment. Transfer fees
are to be borne by the exhibitor. The Association will inform exhibitors of the payee at a
- Payment Deadline of Expenses Other Than Exhibition Fee
- Friday, December 31, 2021
5. Important Exhibit Details and Prohibitions
5-1. Prohibited activities
The following activities are considered as prohibited:
Exhibit space subletting, selling, transferring, and exchanging
Subletting, selling, transferring, or exchanging exhibition space, either in whole or in part, to any third party, including other exhibitors.
Exhibiting for the purpose of obtaining personal information
Exhibit space used for the primary purpose of collecting personal information on visitors, rather than to display or to conduct PR of products and services. All exhibitors are requested to abide by the stipulations in Japan's personal information protection legislation. For the details on what must be observed regarding the collection, handling, and use of personal information, please refer to the online Exhibit Manual, which is scheduled to be posted in August.
5-2. Responsibilities of Exhibitors
Prompt fee payment
Exhibitors must pay all exhibition fees and expenses invoiced by The Association and bear responsibility until all payments are complete.
Obeying the law
Exhibitors must abide strictly by the laws and regulations of Japan.
5-3. Termination or shortening of exhibition duration due to force majeure
- When it becomes extremely difficult to hold the online event due to force majeure, the organizers reserve the right to shorten the duration of the exhibition or the hours that the exhibition is open to the public, either before or during the exhibition. If the exhibition sponsors deem such action necessary, this information will be promptly published on the official Website and exhibitors will be notified. Neither the exhibition organizers nor the Association shall assume any liability for losses incurred by exhibitors in such a case.
- If a force majeure which has occurred prior to the opening of the event forces the exhibition to be cancelled, the Association will refund participation fees paid by exhibitors in full, minus charges for expenses incurred.
- However, if the duration of the exhibition is shortened by a force majeure after CEATEC is commenced, the Association shall not be held liable to refund exhibition expenses.
- The Association assumes no responsibility for other expenses already incurred by exhibitors because of cancellation or shortening of the event due to force majeure.
5-4. Copyright and portrait rights
- The rights to content posted by each exhibitor on the exhibit page belong to the participants.
- Copyright procedures must be processed (not necessary for copyrights owned by your company and already processed) for exhibits posting videos or playback recorded music and audiovisual presentations, etc. For more information concerning the necessary procedures for obtaining permission from copyright holders, contact the Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC).
6. Content of the Website
6-1. Prohibition of the posting of counterfeit or imitation products
- The display, distribution, or demonstration of counterfeit or imitation products that infringe on a third party's intellectual property rights (e.g. patents, trademarks, design rights, copyrights, overseas rights, etc.) or any other related activity is strictly prohibited.
- If the Organizing Committee or the Association discovers that a product or other item posted on the website is, or is likely to be, a counterfeit or imitation, the posting of such item will be suspended at its discretion. The exhibitor shall not object to such action.
- In addition to inspections for counterfeit or imitation products, all exhibitors shall cooperate with the Organizing Committee and/or the Association whenever any type of inspection is conducted.
- Any disputes concerning the intellectual property rights of exhibited products shall be resolved between the parties concerned.
6-2. Comparison display
As a general rule, exhibitors are requested to limit product comparisons to demonstrations between products and/or technologies of their own company or group companies. Exhibitors who plan to compare their products or technologies with those of other companies should first obtain advance permission from the other company and such comparisons must not infringe upon the property rights of that company. When the Association and/or Organizing Committee determine that the following guidelines on comparison displays have not been observed, they reserve the right to terminate the display or order that corrective measures be taken with all costs incurred by the exhibitor. If said corrective measures are determined to be insufficient, the exhibitor may be barred from future participation in CEATEC.
7. Violation of the Regulations and Discrepancies in Interpretation/ Others/ Organizing Committee
If an exhibitor violates these Regulations, if there is a discrepancy in interpretation or the application of these Regulations, or if the CEATEC Organizing Committee determines that the result of such behavior will have a negative impact on visitors (web viewers) or other exhibitors, the Organizing Committee reserve the right to terminate the display or reject the exhibition, regardless of whether the timing is before or after the acceptance of an application, after the conclusion of an exhibition contract, and during exhibition is being held at CEATEC 2021 Online. Please note that the interpretation of the Regulations as defined in the original Japanese language documentation will take precedence.
7-1. Violation of the regulations and discrepancies in interpretation
If an exhibitor violates these Regulations or if there is a discrepancy in interpretation or the application of these Regulations, the following measures will be taken. Please note that the interpretation of the Regulations as defined in the original Japanese language documentation will take precedence.
- If the Organizing Committee determines that an exhibitor has violated these Regulations, the Association will request that the exhibitor take the necessary corrective measures.
- If the same violation described above (section 1) occurs again, or a discrepancy in interpretation of these regulations occurs, the Organizing Committee will take the appropriate action and based on its final judgement, order the exhibitor in question to take the necessary corrective measures. Please note that once the Committee reaches a final ruling, exhibitors shall not be entitled to file any objection or claim for damages.
- If an exhibitor has been ordered to take corrective measures described above (section 2), the exhibitor will be required to submit in writing on the same day, a description of the necessary corrective measures taken and the schedule at which they will be completed.
- If an exhibitor has been ordered to take corrective measures described above (section
3), and fails to do so accordingly, or if the corrective measures taken are determined to be
insufficient by the Organizing Committee, the following penalties may apply.
- The exhibitor will be prohibited from continuing to post information from the next day.
- If the penalty in section “1” above is ignored, the exhibitor may be barred from exhibiting at the subsequent CEATEC exhibition.
- Promissory notes cannot be accepted for payment for exhibition fees and all other expenses.
- These Regulations are subject to change as deemed necessary by the show sponsors, the Organizing Committee or the Association. If changes occur to the Regulations, they will be posted on the CEATEC Official Website, or brought to the attention of exhibitors by other means.
- Each exhibitor shall comply with the laws and regulations of Japan. The show sponsors, Organizing Committee and the Association will not accept any responsibility resulting from violations of existing laws and/or local ordinances by exhibitors.
7-3. Organizing Committee
Comprised of exhibitor representatives, the Organizing Committee's role is to consider problem areas and reach appropriate decisions concerning the operation of the exhibition, including regulations and planning.