Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find reference on exhibiting at CEATEC JAPAN.
- Go to the Download References page via "Download" button on the top left inside the website. You can also fill out the Inquiry Form or call us at the Management Office.
- Which area shall we exhibit in?
- Starting in 2016, areas within the venue will be differentiated by exhibit themes (e.g. Community, Town, Home, etc.). Participating exhibitors are asked to select the most appropriate theme area for the prospective product(s) and/or service(s) to be exhibited. When there are multiple products to be exhibited, it is recommended that an area be selected that will reflect the importance of the primary product.
- Can I specify my company's booth location?
- Although exhibitors cannot request a desired booth location in advance, it is recommended that applications for the aforementioned be turned in as soon as possible because booth locations will be allotted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- When is the booth location decided?
- Allotment of booth locations is scheduled to start from about mid-June in the order of applications received.
- Do you accept temporary application?
- No, We are afraid we cannot accept temporary application. Please apply when you decide to exhibit.
- A group of companies wants to make a joint exhibition.
- Select a "representative exhibitor company" who will be responsible to apply and pay the booth fee. The list of exhibitors in the group can be included as a part of exhibitor information by filling in a joint participation registration form with exhibitor names, which can be obtained from the Exhibitor Site announced after applying.
- How can I conduct a seminar?
- We are seeking Conference Sponsors, who can participate in CEATEC JAPAN through conferences. Please contact the management office for details. If you are an exhibitor, you are eligible to hold seminars free of charge at special stage setup inside the exhibition halls.
- What costs are associated with exhibiting?
- Initial costs associated with exhibiting only include booth fees, but do not normally included costs for booth furnishings, equipment and electricity. We recommend budgeting for electric and at least some amount of furnishings and equipment. Please consult with the Management Office regarding details of costs associated with exhibiting. Consultation is available by phone or via the Inquiry Form.
- My company wishes to request more detailed descriptions and information.
- Please contact the Management Office via the online Inquiry Form. One of our representatives will return your inquiry by e-mail to provide the information desired.
- When is the deadline for changing the requested exhibit theme area or the number of booths?
- It is possible to make changes until May 31 (JST). And as a general rule, changes to the number of booths or exhibit theme area will not be accepted after June 1st because area allocation is scheduled to begin in mid-June. Additionally, for participants submitting requests after June 1st, the date the application is received will be changed to the requested date of the change to booth numbers and/or theme area. Therefore, if there is a possibility that changes will be made it is highly recommended that you contact us by the end of May.
- Can applications be submitted before 10:00 a.m. February 22nd (JST)?
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications in advance and all early applications will be discarded.
- Please tell me more about applying online.
- Applications can be made via the form available on the CEATEC JAPAN official website and will be accepted as with other applications starting 10:00 a.m. on February 22 (Mon. JST). Simply click the submit button on or after the aforementioned date/time but be forewarned that online application forms submitted before 10:00 a.m. February 22nd will not be accepted and will be discarded.
- Can applications be submitted personally at 10:00 a.m. on February 22nd?
- Applications for first-come, first-serve allotments will only be accepted via online, fax, and/or email (attachment) submission.
Applications handed-in personally will not be counted for first-come, first-serve allotments.
- We wish to get more information in advance on which exhibit theme area is best suited for our diverse range of products applicable to different themes.
- It is recommended that you select the appropriate theme area for your most important product. You also have the opportunity to establish a number of booths in specific theme areas for other products. Further questions will be answered personally if you contact the Management Office directly for details.
- Of the three ways to submit applications (online, fax, or email), will any one of these be given priority over the other?
- Many applications are expected to be received on the first submission day. But generally speaking, first-come, first-serve allotments will be decided in the order that the applications are received on 10:00 a.m., February 22nd (Mon.) by the Management Office.
- Will companies that can assist exhibitors with booth decorations staffing/assistants, etc. be made available by the Management Office?
- Yes. The details for the aforementioned requests will be announced at the exhibitor orientation scheduled to be held in July. However, even before July, advice and consultations on advantageous services such as accommodations, staff lunches, catering, and delivery services, etc. will be available by contacting the Management Office.
- Please inform us as to when we will be billed and when payment has to be made after applying.
- You will receive an invoice statement after your application is confirmed and exhibition booth fees will need to be paid between April and Friday, July 29, 2016. Other fees such as electricity, etc. that can only be calculated after the exhibition has concluded will be billed to you at a later date. For any other requests and/or questions, please contact the Management Office.
- What exactly is the Special Exhibits area going to be like? And what companies will be allowed to exhibit in this area?
- The details of the Special Exhibits area are currently being decided on. Further information on this and other areas will be made available on the Official Website and mail magazine.
- What if an identical fax and/or email are received for a same booth location allotment? Which should be chosen first?
- The order of allotment is based on exhibit areas specified by the Executive Committee so it is not anticipated that two submissions at the exact same time for identical exhibit areas will be received. However, in such an unlikely situation, the Management Office will decide between the two exhibitors by considering the number of times they have participated in the past and other criteria.
- When can exhibitors start booth installation?
- Booth installation schedules are as follows: Block booths (more than 20 booths) that require large-scale work, decorations, etc. can start from noon on September 30 (Fri.). All other booths can start installation from 8:00 a.m. on October 1 (Sat.).
- Are there any new promotional tools this year that were not available last year?
- This year, we will again be introducing a wide range of promotional tools such as online, e-mail, printed materials, venue signage, and more. If you have any other requests for promotional items, please contact the Management Office.
- How many visitors are you expecting at this year’s exhibition?
- We are anticipating more than 130,000 visitors this year, exceeding the number of last year’s exhibition.