CEATEC JAPAN 2011 INNOVATION AWARDS
"As Selected by US Journalists"
"As Selected by U.S. Journalists"【Grand Prix】
Toshiba 20GL1 3D 20-inch glasses-free 3D TV
A massive earthquake, a deadly tsunami, and a nuclear reactor meltdown struck Japan on March 11th, 2011. In the spirit of "Ganbare Nippon" - a sentiment expressed when spirits need to be lifted, a show of support and a call for unity as well as a hopeful expression - it is now time for the Japanese technology and IT industry to bring forth its best technologies and products to help Japan recover from the triple disasters and resultant power shortages affecting the country. CEATEC JAPAN 2011 - The Comprehensive Cutting-edge IT & Electronics Exhibition - will be held at Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture, Japan from Tuesday, October 4th to Saturday, October 8th. As part of the show, top journalists (panelists) from the US will award prizes to the most innovative new technologies and products exhibited at the show.
JESA (Japan Electronics Show Association: the organizer of CEATEC JAPAN) describes the CEATEC Innovation Awards, "As Selected by U.S. Journalists", as an independent advisory panel of seven U.S. journalists. Over the years, this panel and its awards have garnering significant attention in both Japan and overseas as they symbolize the growing internationalization of the CEATEC JAPAN exhibition. This year promises to be the biggest for the panel.
What are the CEATEC Innovation Awards, "As Selected by US Journalists"?
As indicated in its subtitle, "As Selected by U.S. Journalists", this independent advisory panel of U.S. journalists associated with tech and consumer electronics will walk through CEATEC JAPAN 2011 to review significant technologies, products and services based on innovation and potential influence in the U.S. and world markets. The results of the panel's award decisions will be made available immediately to media in the United States, Europe, Asia and Japan. Subsequently, details on the awarded technologies, products, and services will be reported on through the respective publications of the journalists (listed below).
The list of judges comprising the CEATEC Innovation Awards 2011 panel
- Josha Fruhlinger / Engadget.com - Chairman
- Mark Seavy / Consumer Electronics Daily News
- Kevin Sintumuang / Wall Street Journal
- Tom Samiljan / Hemispheres, Travel & Leisure, The Daily
- Hubert Nguyen / Ubergizmo.com
- Auri Rahimzadeh / The Auri Group
All-new Award categories for the CEATEC Innovation Awards 2011
A new category - Smart Community (formerly the "Smart Grid/Green IT" special award) - has been added to the award categories of the CEATEC Innovation Awards 2011.
- Home Entertainment
- Computing and Networking
- Electronic Components
- Mobile Technology
- Digital imaging
- Health and Household
- Smart Community new
The 2011 Kibo (Hope) Award***The "Grand Prix" award is presented to the best product/technology selected from the main categories other than the "Special Award" category. **This special award will be presented to an outstanding technology or product that best embodies the inherent resiliency and enduring spirit of the Japanese people in their efforts to recover from the unprecedented triple disasters of March 11th, 2011.
The winners of the CEATEC Innovation Awards 2010
- Grand Prix - Home Entertainment
- Toshiba Corporation - Regza 20GL1 3D 20-inch glasses-free 3D TV
- Special Award - Green IT Technology
- Panasonic Corporation - Smart-energy gateway and energy-efficient home
- TDK Corporation - See-through OLED
- Digital Imaging:
- Panasonic Corporation - 3D lenses for digital camera
- Cellular and Mobile Technology:
- KDDI CORPORATION - Social media viewing
- Computing and Networking:
- Yamaha Corporation - INFOSOUND
- Digital Content/Software:
- SIMPLEX CO., LTD. - Calcing professional
- ALPS ELECTRIC CO., LTD. - Overhead module for cars
- Human Health and Household:
- Fujitsu Limited - Biosensor technology with DNA