CEATEC JAPAN has spanned many of the "next directions" opened by digital convergence. In 2006, products were increasingly digital and becoming linked to networks, leading to the declaration that "Digital convergence will change lifestyles and society."
In 2007, networked products were given new technologies, and new players entered the marketplace. The shape of digital convergence began to emerge.
And in 2008... We enter a new stage, in which the many new capabilities and services made possible by digital convergence, as well as the benefits to lifestyles and society enter the realm of reality. This is a new stage of industries borne by the convergence of devices, hardware, software, services and contents. It is also a new stage of business opportunities to develop new markets and users.
CEATEC JAPAN 2008 provides exhibitors and visitors alike the chance to participate in the new stage of digital convergence.
CEATEC JAPAN 2008
（Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies）
- To allow visitors to experience the newest technologies, products, systems and software for the digital network age, and the merger of communications, information and imaging technologies.
- To function as a highly specific exhibition capturing the interest of and responding to the needs of users by presenting the industry's latest achievements and trends.
- As Asia's largest interactive exhibition of information on the communications, information and imaging fields, to present the achievements, trends and vitality of the industry to the world.
- To gather industry organizations to present clear social messages, thereby supporting industrial development and contributing to lifestyles economies and society in the digital network age.
- Tuesday, September 30 - Saturday, October 4
- Tuesday, September 30, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 30 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 1 - Saturday, October 4, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
2-1, Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba, Japan
- All visitors are required to register.
- Visitors pre-registering on the Web: Free entry (http://www.ceatec.com/)
- Visitors registering at the Gate: General ¥1,000 Students ¥500
Note: Groups of 20 or more students and children under 12 years of age admitted free of charge
CEATEC JAPAN Organizing Committee
- Communications and Information network Association of Japan (CIAJ)
- Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA)
- Computer Software Association of Japan (CSAJ)
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications/
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan / Ministry of Economy,
- Trade and Industry (Listed by date est.)
- Chiba Prefectural Government / Chiba Municipal Government /
- Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK) /
- The National Association of Commercial Broadcasters in Japan /
- The Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry /
- The Tokyo Chamber of Commerce and Industry /
- The Chiba Chamber of Commerce and Industry /
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) /
- Japan National Tourist Organization (JNTO) /
- U.S. Commercial Service /
- Delegation of the European Commission in Japan / British Embassy in Japan /
- Canadian Embassy and Consulates in Japan (No particular order) *Expected.
- Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) /
- Digital Content Association of Japan (DCAj) /
- Electrical Products Association of Japan / Internet Association Japan (IAjapan) /
- ITS Japan; Japan Audio Society (JAS) /
- Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. (JAMA) /
- Japan Book Publishers Association /
- Japan Cable and Telecommunications Association (JCTA) /
- Japan Cable Television Engineering Association (JCTEA) /
- Japan Computer System Seller Association (JCSSA) /
- Japan Electronic Parts Distributors & Dealers (JEP) /
- Japan Federation of Electronic Parts Distributors & Dealers (JEP) /
- Japan Organizing Committee for the 11th World Congress on ITS /
- Japan Satellite Broadcasting Association (JSBA) /
- Japan Video Software Association (JVA) / Nippon Keidanren /
- Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) /
- Telecommunications Carriers Association (TCA) /
- Telecommunication Technology Committee (TTC) (Alphabetical order) *Expected
Since the inaugural event in 2000, CEATEC JAPAN has matured as a show conveying information about the most advanced IT and electronics technologies from Japan to the world. Our mission is to remain a high-value-added, flexible and efficient show, to keep our eye on the rapidly changing digital industry and markets, and to become a vital element of the global IT and electronics industries. To provide visible results that contribute to the businesses of exhibitors, CEATEC JAPAN is working from its firm foundations to make the most of its unique qualities and strengthen business support.
This is one of the world's most comprehensive and dedicated technology trade shows,bringing together under one roof everything from electronic components and devices,to end products, services and contents.
The influence of CEATEC JAPAN is enhanced by information conveyed to the world via sponsors, supporting organizations, global partners and media.
We provide numerous opportunities for executives of leading companies to effectively convey their management visions and directions to the marketplace.
Thanks to its diverse audience, CEATEC JAPAN delivers on the diverse BtoB, BtoBtoC and BtoC business needs of its exhibitors. This is the ideal opportunity for exhibitors to showcase their leadership.
Many exhibitors time their research and development activities in line with CEATEC JAPAN and use the show to announce and present their cutting-edge technologies and next-generation products.